The Diamond Course
This 22-lesson course supplies the knowledge and skills jewelry sales professionals need in order to present the full beauty, meaning, and value of the world’s most important gemstone. The course also provides comprehensive guidance for building retail jewelry professionalism.
Lesson topics include the 4Cs of diamond value; today’s diamond jewelry; treated, lab-created, and simulated diamonds; diamond’s geologic formation and scientific properties; discovery, sources, and mining; diamond cutting, the international diamond industry; diamond’s place in history, folklore, and popular culture; jewelry professionalism; the selling process; professional instruments and selling tools; customer service, diamond display; caring for diamonds and diamond jewelry; and security for retail jewelry professionals.
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
• Present the 4Cs of diamond value to whatever extent a customer needs in order to make an in formed and confident purchase decision.
• Share added background information to help customers appreciate diamond’s unique nature and full value.
• Describe diamond jewelry in terms of its form, function, and style, as well as quality, work-manship, and value.
• Discuss karat gold and platinum, the metals from which most diamond jewelry is made.
• Present or answer questions about treated diamonds, lab-created diamonds, and diamond simulants.
• Follow FTC guidelines and store policy on representation and disclosure for diamonds and diamond jewelry.
• Establish or build on a foundation for professionalism in the jewelry industry.
• Sell diamonds and diamond jewelry while creating satisfying experiences for customers and building long-term relationships with them.
• Do your part in providing additional store services such as repair and appraisal.
• Display diamond jewelry in a way that maximizes its appeal and reinforces your store’s marketing approach.
• Clean and care for diamonds and diamond jewelry in the store, and teach customers to do the same for diamond jewelry they own or purchase.
• Fulfill your responsibilities in safeguarding the store’s customers, staff, and resources.